I already have a Facebook account, and I like it for what I use it for. I am sure I don't take advantage of all the capabilities it offers. Because I am not real tech-savvy, I am hesitant to "put a lot out there" for people to see. In fact, I am amazed at the personal information shared. For instance, going on vacation or being out of town...there are all kinds of posts sharing that info. That's all someone needs to know nobody is home. Yes, I see that it is a great way to share news, but it's also a great way to share stuff that doesn't need to be shared. Like everything else in life, there are pros and cons. Didn't we sign up for an account on Twitter a few things back? Think we did. I know some people of very few words, and I can see that tweeting can be quick and effective. It's not on my top ten list of tech to use, but when exploring some of the ways it can be used (and on those lists, I didn't see anything specific to education...it was mostly for business or personal use), I did like the fact that I could tweet to my dontforgetthemilk account I set up.
I can't really say there was anything I didn't like about either site. For me, it's just a matter of choosing a few things to help me stay connected and informed. Right now, I prefer Facebook. As of now, I am not seeing the need for using either of these accounts in my classroom. Maybe that's because I teach fourth grade. I think a blog would be more appropriate. If I may, I prefer not to share my Facebook link either, although I guess anyone that wants to find it can...is anything really private anymore? I think not.
No comments:
Post a Comment