Sunday, July 3, 2011

Thing # 16

I had already in another "thing" set up an igoogle page. Pageflake wouldn't load. I tried about 5 times, then moved on. I set up a travel page with Netvibes, and deleted and added some tabs of my own. I added Epicurious, because traveling and eating just go together. I liked Netvibes pretty well. At first, I thought it had too much stuff to look at, but after I played with it for a while, and deleted some things, it was alright. I won't use it as my permanent start page, though. I have a google calendar also, which I expect will be very helpful to me during the school year to keep up with all the meetings and things to do.

I used the dont forget the milk site to start a to do list. As with anything, it takes a few moments to get oriented...alright, for me, maybe more than a few moments. But when I went to my e-mail to confirm my new account, it opened quick start help page, which helped me out a lot. I had already clicked on the FAQ page, and it was very extensive!!! So, I put in a few tasks, assigned a priority to them, put in due dates, and  sorted them between personal, study, work, and inbox categories. There is MUCH more that can be done, and much more I need to learn, but from my initial interaction with the site, I liked it! Yes, I think I will use it. It can be synced to my google calendar, so that will be good. I think there's one more thing I have to do for # 16, so I'll be back.

I looked at Zamzar, and of course, it's limited with free access, but this would be very helpful, I think, as my school computer is Mac, and I have a Dell pc at home, and sometimes I have trouble going back and forth. Converting things to PDFs might prove helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment