Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thing # 14

Try as I might, I could not get a flow chart going on Gliffy. I tried the blank page and a template, but just couldn't figure it out. So, I decided to do a Venn Diagram, which was super easy. I liked the 3-circle diagram, because you can compare/contrast more relationships.

I really liked Bubbl.us! I had a lot of fun creating the web. But, I didn't see any real directions on how to use it, but as you start and move your cursor here and there, you start to pick it up. I could have gone further, but I wanted to see it all. I am going to put my kids on this especially for pre-writing brainstorming. Actually, they could do something similar to what I did for reading stories. Setting and characters are pretty easy for fourth graders to recognize, but plot, and especially theme are very difficult. This would help them sort out their thoughts and ideas, and maybe see the connection between it all. The possibility for use are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment