Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thing 1

Lifelong learning...it's an everyday experience, sometimes sought after, sometimes not. Don't we learn even when we don't want to? Sometimes we have to learn to handle disappointment or even heartbreak. We may have to learn how to keep our mouths shut and our eyes open when what we really want to do is hide and scream. I agree with the tutorial that learning takes place out of the formal setting, as well within it. As for the lifelong habits, I hate to admit it (but I am learning something here by doing so), but I don't often see problems as challenges. I often see them as disruptions to my carefully planned lesson, day, week, party, vacation, or whatever it is that I have so carefully planned. I would like to change that about myself, and I am working on that. The easiest habit for me would probably be #7, because I get great satisfaction from helping people. I also like to play, # 7 1/2. It's difficult for me to pinpoint right now what I want to learn from playing with Web 2.O tools, because I don't know enough about it yet to say, so I just want to learn. Setting up the blog was easy, but I am a little nervous. I am not savvy enough with technology to know when I have done something wrong. Also, I was a bit confused about the directions: one 2.0 tip said not to use our real name or address in the title or blog address, yet another instruction asked us to put our last name somewhere in the title. Makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment